There are several dog parks in West Palm Beach. Most are located inside larger parks. They have specific areas designated only for dogs where your furry friend can roam around in a safe environment and interact with other dogs. These are separate, fenced-in area, for both small and large dogs where they can be let loose and explore. Also a great place to come and relax and meet other dog lovers and make new friends. So here is a list of dog parks in West Palm Beach to visit with your dog or just to check out beforehand to see if it’s a good fit for your dog.
Always look for the rules and regulations which are posted upon entering the area.
- No food of any kind is permitted in the dog park.
- Smoking is not permitted within the fenced areas.
- Large dogs (over 30 lbs.) are not permitted in the small dog area.
- Dog feces must be cleaned up by handler. Disposable bags are available at dispenser locations within the park.
- Dog handler must be in the park enclosure and within view of their dog.
- Dogs must be leashed prior to entering and upon leaving the dog park and must be restrained at all times at a distance no greater than six feet in length from their handler.
- There is a limit of 2 dogs per person.
- Dogs must be removed from the park at the first sign of aggression. Dangerous dogs, as defined in Palm Beach County Ordinance No. 98-22, the Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control Ordinance, are prohibited from park property.
- Dog handler must have leash in hand at all times.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited from entering the dog park.
- Dogs should be under voice control (i.e. come when called).
- Dogs must be vaccinated and display current licenses.
- Puppies under 4 months of age are prohibited.
- Spayed/Neutered animals are recommended.
- Children ten years of age and younger must be closely supervised by an adult.
On this video, you can get an idea of what you can expect to find at most dog parks. This was taken June 6, 2013 at Dreher Park Canine Corner. Had rained that morning so no dogs on the video….maybe it’s time for me to get one!